I haven’t been actual real-life Black Friday shopping in years. I’ve found that you can get equal or better deals sitting at home online in your fluffiest, most record-settingly unsexy pajama pants, so that’s totally how I roll.
But I will TEAR UP some deals from this here keyboard, so I thought I’d share a few quick little tips for you for today (Black Friday) and Cyber Monday.
1. Favorite Decorating Deal I Buy Every Year
Every year, Lowe’s sells a nice poinsettia plant for about 99 cents each. Last year, they were the pint size, but this year they’re the larger quart size. I’m buying TEN.
They make the BEST cheap, easy Christmas decorations. Group three together on your dining table and it looks plush, cozy and festive. Throw a couple on your fireplace hearth, or two on your front porch and it looks like you actually tried. I’ll be giving a few away as housewarming gifts and a couple as just-because gifts to our sweet neighbor. There’s no shipping charge if you pick ’em up in store.
Even better: go through ebates.com for an extra 6 percent cash back.
(The ebates link is an affiliate link, but I’m not getting paid by Lowes in any way if you buy those. I just think they’re a frickin awesome buy and everyone should have several.)
2. Best All-Around Deal Santa Just Bought Me
Santa has been slacking for the past few years, because every year I wish for a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer and never has he left me one, propped under the Christmas tree, tied with a large, floppy bow like I’d hoped.
Let’s just say I have a good feeling about this year, thanks to this little deal I found. Last year, the best deal I found was $180 for an Artisan Stand Mixer, so that was my goal this time around.
- Add one Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer to your cart at Kohls and watch the price magically drop from $349 to $314.
- At checkout, enter the coupon code CCYT115 to drop the price by 20 percent.
- After the purchase, submit this rebate for another $30 off. The rebate comes with a free magazine subscription, but if that’s not your thing, you can decline the subscription and pocket an extra $12.
- You’ll automatically get $75 in Kohls cash to spend later.
- Total paid: $209 (plus taxes and shipping surcharge), plus get $75 in Kohls cash. If you spend the cash, it’s like paying $134 for stand mixer that normally costs at least $350.
And apparently, that is right within Santa’s budget this year. Or so I hear.
(The ebates link is an affiliate link, but other than that, I’m not paid in any way if you buy this deal.)
4. Most addicting online shopping experience
I love to stalk the amazon lightning deals for sudden, low-inventory, quick deals which come and go all day long.
It’s high-reward, no-holds-barred, sucks-you-in-and-won’t-let-go online shopping.
5. Great Home Decor Shopping
- One Kings Lane has a great best-of home decor steals sale going on right now, and when you sign up for a new account, you get a $15 credit for purchases of $30 or more.
- Urban Outfitters takes 10 percent off anything and gives free shipping over $50 when you use the code PURPLEWISHES. Go through ebates for an extra 5 percent cash back. I’m JONESING over this helping hands catch-all dish but don’t need enough other stuff to get over the free shipping threshold, so I’m trying to talk myself out of buying it but not doing a great job so far. Santa, can you hear me?
- Crate and Barrel takes 15 percent off everything with free shipping.
6. Must-do Tips for all online shopping
- Always, always get cash back on your purchases when you can. We have Discover card and a Chase Freedom card that usually give pretty generous cash back incentives when you click through their site to the merchant, but I use ebates a lot too. I love ebates and have never had any trouble getting paid when I shop through them.
- Monitor dealnews.com for outrageous steals on things you might need-slash-want.
- Always check for extra coupon codes through sites like Retail Me Not to see if you can take an extra percentage off.
I’ll be stalking checking more online deals today and Monday and will update this if I find something too good not to share. Happy bargain shopping, friends!
Are you doing any Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping this year? What are you hunting for this year?
This post contains some affiliate links.