So I know I’ve been posting approximately zero projects of late, but then some blog buds asked if I’d be up for having Andy answer some gossipy questions and I was all, “YES! Andy would LOOOVE to write a post!”
Kinda like how when you hear your friend needs help moving something heavy, you volunteer your spouse for the job. They have muscles! They are yours to donate on occasion, right?
Cassie from Primitive and Proper and Bliss Ranch are getting all the gossip from bloggy husbands today! They asked if I’d subject Andy to a grueling interview and, without even seeing what questions they wanted to ask, I signed Andy up! He loves this. It is his favorite thing to talk about decorating!
Here is my husband, raw and unfiltered… except for my own comments in italics, which I couldn’t resist adding on occasion. (Sorry.)
1. What is your favorite project Kelly has done, and why?
Styling our office bookshelves. It’s super classy and smells of rich mahogany.
You guys! He used the word “styling!” HE KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS. Brainwashing mission complete.
2. What is your least favorite, and why?
The plate wall, because it looks really, really bad.
I still love the plate wall. Andy loves it too, deep down. He’ll realize it someday.
3. What is the one creative item or tool that Kelly cannot live without?
Her DIY picture hanging tool.
I would’ve said Andy is the one tool I cannot live without.
4. Kelly finds $100. What does she do with it?
She puts it into the lost and found.
5. What is YOUR favorite room in your house and why?
Does the deck count? I like the deck in the summer.
Remember that one time we accidentally turned our deck purple? And then remember that other time when we just left it that way and it’s still purple? Yeah.
6. Creativity is messy, but for the most part blogs show the pretty picture. Can you tell us how Kelly is a secret slob?
We have 2 sinks in our bathroom and I only get to use the small space between one of the sinks and the wall. The rest of the bathroom is reserved for her many bathroom supplies. I have made this helpful diagram to illustrate.
That looks like precise 50-50 split to me. That’s what you guys see too, right?
7. Name a project or decorating adventure that you thought would be a flop but was fabulous?
This doesn’t exist. If I think it’s gonna be a flop then it’s a flop.
8. Blogging takes a lot of time. Do you ever pass by Kelly while she is on the computer and secretly feel neglected?
No, I just annoy her by looking over her shoulder and asking whatcha doooinnggg?
9. Before, during, and after photos are an important part of blogging, do you remember to do that while working on projects for Kelly?
Nope, I never remember. I’ve done several projects and then had to go back and recreate moments for pictures. On the plus side we have 2 of some things.
10. How often do you read Kelly’s blog and do you have a favorite post?
I read every post and they’re all my favorites.
11. Before changing a piece of furniture, hanging new curtains, or planning a whole room redo, does Kelly consult you or do you come home and it’s done?
She usually asks my opinion but both she and I know that my opinion isn’t really valid.
See question 2 above.
12. Does Kelly discuss her blog with you, stories from other blogs or friendships with other bloggers?
I’m really lucky because I actually get to work with most of her blog friends through my job, so they’re friends to both of us. We’ve had Kelly’s blog friends stay at our house before we’d ever met in person and they were all hilarious and fun. I was delighted to find that none were creepy serial killers! (Yet.)
13. Where do you think Kelly gets most of her creative inspiration; tv, magazines, online, you, or was she just born that way?
I think she just has really good taste so I’d say she was just born with it.
14. Do you know what Pantone’s color of the year is and how do you feel about so called “girly” colors for your walls?
Color of the year? Who thinks they get to decide a whole color for an entire year? What is this?!
Andy has been feeling indignant about this whole concept of ‘color of the year’ ever since he saw this question. He did not know that was “a thing,” and has been ranting about the injustice of one person getting to dictate such a thing for the whole world.
15. What is your biggest pet peeve about Kelly in the real world or the project and decorating realm?
In the real world she’s perfect! In the decorating realm it’s a whole different story. I just don’t understand why she thinks my Star Wars posters don’t match.
Andy is starting a campaign to make Star Wars posters the next Pantone color of the year.
16. If you could change one room or area of your home with no decorating advice from Kelly, what area would you choose and why?
When I first started answering this question I thought I would like to decorate my office by myself. But really, she’s so good at it that I think she could do a better job making something that I like than I could.
Plate walls EVERYWHERE!
17. Are you ever worried Kelly will share too much personal information or that blogging might invade your private life?
She’s always talking about my sensitive feet and they’re very self conscious about it! The only time it’s ever been a problem was when I was showing something on her blog for my job, and accidentally showed a photoshopped pic of myself as a superhero. A little embarrassing.
He’s lying. That’s not photoshopped.
18. Have you ever helped Kelly style photos for her blog or offer input on how you think a vignette should look?
Sometimes she calls me in and asks for some input when something just doesn’t quite look right. I usually help by posing in the picture for her. I think it’s very inspiring.
He’s a serial photobomber. I think it’s slightly less inspiring than HE thinks it is.
19. There is a saying “If walls could talk…”, what would yours say about the decorating in your bedroom?
“I can’t see,” said the wall. He had been painted too many times.
Andy’s decorating blog will be launching soon! It’ll be all about creative ways to incorporate Star Wars posters in your decor.
You can check out how other bloggy husbands answered these hard-hitting questions by visiting the links below.
Bliss Ranch | Primitive & Proper | It All Started With Paint | Cuckoo4Design | Design Post Interiors | Bliss at Home | SG Style | Sarah M. Dorsey Designs | Kirb Appeal | The Gathered Home | Refresh Restyle | Debbie Doos | Top This Top That | Fox Hollow Cottage | The Space Between | For My Love of | The Chronicles of Home
Andy’s REAL pet peeve is that I never put the lids on anything. I consider it a huge waste of your life to have to put lids on anything, only to later take them back off. Totally curious: what do you think your spouse would say is their biggest pet peeve about you?